Wednesday, July 3, 2013

George Zimmerman's "Kitty-Cat" Defense

For those of you who need catching up (where the Hell have you been?) George Zimmerman is the guy who shot and killed 17 year old Trayvon Martin in Florida.  Trayvon was unarmed and Zimmerman claims that the shooting was in self-defense.  The trial has been going on for the past two weeks, and like most people I've been following it quite closely.  The thing that strikes me as odd, and what I believe should be quite embarrassing to Mr. Zimmerman, is the kind of defense his lawyers are offering up.  Think about this for a sec.  Trayvon Martin was 17 years old.  Zimmerman is 28 and outweighed him by about 100 lbs. (though Martin was quite a bit taller).  Still the defense contends that Zimmerman saw this child as a threat, so much so that he felt he needed a gun in order to defend himself.


I know quite a few 17 year olds, and have seen many more, and while I don't consider myself the pugilistic sort, I've never found anything about them that I'd consider remotely threatening.  Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, whatever, there's just nothing about an unarmed child that would make me fear for my life.  And even if one did step to me to start some trouble, I'm fairly confident that I wouldn't need a gun to dispatch them.  A good sized belt would probably do quite nicely.

If I were George Zimmerman, and my lawyers were mounting the kind of defense they seem to be mounting, I'd throw myself on the mercy of the court and have myself hauled to jail.  Because what the defense seems to be trying to prove is that George Zimmerman is a PUSSY.  Someone who was so deathly afraid of an unarmed child that he felt the need to take a gun with him in order to confront him.  And when this unarmed child started "raining blows" on him (two at most according to the prosecution witness) he was so afraid that he needed to pull out a gun and shoot him.  Now I don't know about you, but the last time I ever felt threatened, let alone in fear for my life, by a 17 year old was when I was 12.  I'm 47 now, but even at 28 the only way a 17 year old would make you this terrified is if you're a big fat pussy.  And if this defense actually ends up working for Zimmerman and he walks, he should hang his head in shame and embarrassment for the rest of his life at being nationally outed as a big fat pussy.  Furthermore, he should never, ever, be hired for any job where he would be responsible for protecting human life.  Think about it.  George Zimmerman was terrified of an unarmed 17 year old kid.  What if he had to go up against a real threat in, say, a supermarket or a bank, against armed bandits?  Imagine how that would play out.

Here, kitty kitty kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment